Thursday 12 November 2009

Hughie O'Donoghue - 'The Journey' Exhibition

Today I went to see the Hughie O'Donoghue exhibition at Leeds Art Gallery.  The exhibition was called 'The Journey' and is an exploration of the human figure in relation to history, war and myth.

I have been researching Hughie O'Donoghue's work in relation to my own work, because key elements of his paintings are drawn from imagination, dreams and memories, memories of course being my subject matter for this painting project.

I am really glad that I went to see this exhibit because being able to see the paintings on a life size scale made me appreciate them so much more than when I was just looking at photographs of his work in books and online.  I could really see and admire the complexity and multitude of layers that go into O'Donoghue's work and I definately found it inspiring.  

Here are some images of his work:



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment